With all the tweets, blogs and TV coverage of the Oscars 2014 awards, it got me thinking of my Oscar Thank You speech. I know, I know – you thinking “Dreaming Big Hey”, but if I don’t put it out there then I will never know.
So who would I thank, in what order ,would I cry and be a total mess in my Valentino Gown??? Then I realised, hold on Ms Ramasami, you are not a famous celebrity (yet got called #Bloggerati) BUT that doesn’t stop you from penning a gratitude speech to those that make a difference in your life.
- To my family, my late dad and granddad who gave me opportunities and life experiences that very few have had. I am eternally grateful for my strong foundation.
- My darling cousins Karmani, Maheshree and Whelan Naidoo who love me unconditionally and believe in me – I thank you for fuelling my dream.
- My Inspirational friend Sue Levy, who read my blog, believed in my writing and offered me a guest blogger post on her blog. Sue you inspire, you motivate and love me unconditionally. You are more than my friend you are family.
- My crazy friend Kaveshan Chetty , who gets my silly jokes , puts up with my tantrums and brings me new projects. Thank you for making me the face/talk of TMG.
- To R, my new big sister who found me via my writings on Sue’s blog and is now my mentor. I appreciate your kindness, wisdom and belief in me.
- To my new brother and sister Tevin and Rochelle Naidu, its true what they say – Blood doesn’t always make you family. Your love and care knows no bounds or limits.
- To Jarryd Long, my personal Techie guy, a big thanks for putting up with my silly requests and above all your friendship.
- And last but not least my fans (blog readers and Twitter followers ) my successes with my blog and the opportunities it has offered me – I thank you 🙂
So that’s my Oscar Acceptance speech of gratitude 🙂
Ps who are you thankful for?
This year one of my biggest moments was meeting and blogging for the amazing Sue Levy.At the start of 2013 Sue contacted me asking if I would be interested in doing a guest post on her Motivational Blog.
I was really taken back by this but upon meeting Sue in person , she explained to me why and inspired me to do more and be more in my life.So over the course of this year I have penned 6 blog posts for Sue and loved sharing my thoughts, feelings , my fears and my life with her and her readers.
Here is the link to my latest post :
Do let me know your thoughts…..
A few months ago , I was approached by Sue Levy from http://suelevy.co.za asking me if I would like to contribute to her amazing blog.
NOW for those of you who do not know who Sue Levy is ……Sue is an amazing inspirational and motivational speaker , blogger and writer who empowers women to harness their power and change their lives.Therefore been asked to contribute was a huge thing for me. If you havent go on go and check out my contributions http://suelevy.co.za .
Thus started my friendship with Sue.Sue and her lovely family moved from Cape Town to Pretoria fairly recently and I introduced my lovely cousin Karmani to Sue.
This weekend I was so blessed to meet Sue and her family. When I saw Sue it was instantly hugs and kissed and it was if I had met an old friend who I had not seen for ages. I felt so in awe of Sue , her achievements and how amazing she is as a person. Though Sue’s visit was very short , it has strengthened our bound and Sue is now part of my family.I got to spend time with Sue talking about my dreams, my blogging, my life and The Magnifying Glass.I truly feel so blessed an inspired to have met a soul like Sue on my life journey. Its so amazing the people God sends into your life when others walk out.
Thank you Sue, for coming into my life ! I totally love and adore you and feel this is just the start of our friendship.Its so amazing how we clicked from the first email and how everything just fell into place after that….To new memories, lots of laughs, lots of adventures and lots of tea and cupcakes along the way….
hey there readers of my lovely blog, off late I have not been blogging so much.The reason is that The Magnifying Glass has been taking up alot of my time… if you havent checked it out go on do it http://themagnifyingglass.co.za
I promise my readers I will be back with more post soon.I decided to do a quick ten question interview with myself for this post….
1) What are you reading ?
A million miles from Normal by Paige Nick.
2)Highlight of my week ?
Ms Cupcake tweeting me 🙂
For the GFWS
About my students as the campus has been on strike for almost two weeks.
5) Looking forward….
To the weekend as my amazing cousins @karmaniThatsMe and @mynameiswhelan will be down on Durban and I finally get to meet @sue_levy in person.
6) Love is….
My gorgeous puppy Zara
8) Wearing ……
my snoopy pjs
9) Craving ……
Of jumping on a plane and flying to Fiji
Have an amazing day 🙂