I am not a baker though I love cooking savoury dishes.This afternoon after having a rather lazy Sunday decided to make Pancakes for tea time. Two years ago while watching Jamie Oliver Christmas special Jamie shared his Pancake recipe which I committed to memory and love making .
I decided to share this easy recipe with you :
- 1 Egg.
- 1 Cup of milk.
- 1 Cup self raising flour.
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla essence.
- Sugar to taste.
- Whisk egg , milk and vanilla.
- Whisk in dry ingredients.
- Heat up a frying pan and put in a small amount of mixture using a ladle or measuring jug.
- Turn over once bubbles start appearing
- Serve warm with butter , syrup , cream or jam .
- I use a mug to measure out ingriendents so that way its all the same.
- I did substitute buttermilk for milk amazing light and fluffy pancakes .
- Add a pinch of cinnamon for a different flavour.
- I tried grated apples mixed with sugar and cinnamon to the mixture before cooking once it was divine.
Ps Do tell me what you like your pancakes served with ?