For all those who know me and have been reading my blogs and tweets , you will know that I have a mild obsession with this amazing place. I spent 10.5years in this breathtaking city and it truly captured my heart and soul.
So why choose London , London is a melting pot of cultures abit like South Africa but on an entire other level. I personally loved the Old Buildings, the bustle , the amazing transport system and the fact that there was so much to do all the time.
5 Travel tips for London
1) Invest in comfortable walking shoes as you will be walking loads (perfect workout).
2) Buy an Oyster card for getting about a weekly one is better and gives you unlimited travel on buses, trains and tubes.
3) Always carry an umbrella.
4) Never push in , as everyone here stands in a line.
5) There are newspapers and magazines at the Tube stations which are free pick them up for daily bargains and events.
Living in London can be very expensive , but there is so many Free attractions to visit that all you really need your travel card to get you there and a packed lunch. Here are a list of my favorite FREE London attractions to see:
1) Greenwich Park – this is such an amazing park and area to visit .It has little streets , with alleyways filled with old fashioned shops. Its also the home of the Greenwich meridian line which is worth the walk up the hill as the view is amazing. This park is visited all year round and is such a fab place to chill in makes you think you are not even in a city. The old fashioned sweet shop is a sweet lovers paradise filled with endless jars of sweet treats packed for you into candy stripped bags. My other favorite shops here include the fab bookshops and a Milkshake shop that makes 101 different milkshakes from every chocolate to biscuit to candy.Greenwich is also home to the very interesting Maritime Museum which houses some fab artifacts and is free and often pirates can be found roaming in this museum.
2) Science Museum – another free and fantastic place to visit . Interesting and interactive displays with 3D and 4D activities . Educational but definitely not boring.
3) The V&A museum is another place I lose track of time from the Roman , Greek and Japanese rooms the sizes of these artifacts are mind blowing and take one back in time. My other fav place here is the Architecture floor with models , floorplans and stories of most London famous buildings and buildings around the world.
4) China Town is another place that is filled with colour , interesting smells and bustle that makes you think you are in China. Even the street names here are written in Chinese so authentic .
5) Harrods is a defo must see for shopaholics and all those just wanting to see products which most of us average joes cant afford. This store is beautiful and one can easily get lost just looking at all the fab products, each floor is for a specific type of products. My favorite floor is the food court with the most amazing selection of fruit, vegetables , fish and meat from around the world . It’s a foodie heaven. Though the store is expensive one can buy a few lil treats of yummy morsels, candy , bags and aprons to take home as gifts from your travels.
I hope I have given you a little insight into the London I have started a passionate love affair. This is just a little peak …Look out for more posts on my blog about my amazing lover London.
Cheers Mate , Mind the GAP
My birthday was yet again another fabulous day celebrating my life with my nearest and dearest.
I was woken at midnight from a gazzillion facebook, twitter and BBM messages. I was so surprised how truly loved I am by so many. I even got a birthday tweet from @Micasa that really made my day. Mum bought me a yummilicious Tiramisu cake from Woolworths that each morsel was divine.
Since my special day fell on a Saturday it was a perfect excuse to party all weekend. Plans that evening included dinner at Adega to sample some of Chef Ismail Arbee’s fab food then onto Newscafe in Umhlanga for cocktails and red velvet cupcakes with friends.
At Adega I was treated so special with a dish made especially for me, and a group of singing waiters bringing me dessert. As I write this I can still taste those yummy flavours of the sauce Ismail made (chilli,coconut and lime)
When I got to Newscafe my friends were already there, I was so happy they braved the cold and rain to spend my special day with me. Aftervloads of cocktails from Long Island Ice teas, flaming lamborginis to a Mexican death wish I had it all. It was my night a night of fun, laughter and great memories.
The party people within us urged us to go to Vogue where two of my fav Dj’s @djdeong and @ryanthedj. We danced the night away in heels and after having a few suitcases and a fishbowl.
The next morning after about 4 hours of sleep we surfaced to face the world and then headed to Tasha’s for brunch. After our tummies were full a spot of retail therapy was on the cards.
I recieved so many amazing and thoughtful gifts, I know I am truly blessed. I still continued recieving gifts till the last week of April.April is most defo a birthday month of celebrations to me. Thanks to all the awesome people who made my day so special. xxx
I feel it in my fingers , I feel it in my toes…..its the month of Love and all i see are hearts, red, pinks, teddy bears….
Every year this day love dawns upon us with the onslaught of the same romantic songs and movies. For all us singletons its a day we tend to dismiss in our calendars.I personally have never had a bf for love day and only seem to meet them later on in the year.
In London a group of my friends decided to celebrate this Love day in style and in keeping with the spirit of this day. We came up with the idea of a Secret Valentine where we each would pick a name from the hat and buy that person a Valentines gift.Our group was made up of guys and girls which was a great mix of all sorts.
Us singletons met for pre dinner cocktails and gift exchanging which was a barrel of laughs . Some of the gifts were very creative, naughty , cheesy and nice.We all were dressed up in our red and black finery that evening and went to our pre booked romantic Valentines dinner with friends . The evening was a great way to spend this day that is much dreaded by many with friends who make you laugh and care for you.
Yes I am a singleton very much like Bridget Jones and yes I am still a soppy romantic waiting for Mr Darcy….. who knows what this Love Day will bring
Listening to Kelly Clarkson earler this week prompted the inspiration of this blog.So i thought about it and realised how much my life would suck without technology. Am sure all of you who have read my blogs know about my digital addiction.Indeed i would be truly lost and my life would suck without the access to technology.My handbag is a testimony to my addiction external harddrive, memory sticks and now a recent addition of a fully charged spare Blackberry battery.I kid you not i am so afraid of not been connected to the world and missing out on something.Lucky for me my friends are also very smitten with age of technology, one who recently celebrated her birthday said she would be so upset if hubby bought her jewllery when all she wanted was a new external hardrive. See guys yes we do love sparkly gifts but we are also considering digital gifts now . HI everybody my name is Verushka and yes i am addicted to the digital era.I cannot live without my phone and internet access.I did go cold turkey twice but the side effects were terrible mood swings, depression,anger,withdrawl from others are just a few of the symptoms i experienced.Though an addiction is meant to be bad i love mine and cant seem to get enough of this digital drug.ciao for now my digital addicts and in the words of Kelly Clarkson my life would suck without you