For all those who know me and have been reading my blogs and tweets , you will know that I have a mild obsession with this amazing place. I spent 10.5years in this breathtaking city and it truly captured my heart and soul.
So why choose London , London is a melting pot of cultures abit like South Africa but on an entire other level. I personally loved the Old Buildings, the bustle , the amazing transport system and the fact that there was so much to do all the time.
5 Travel tips for London
1) Invest in comfortable walking shoes as you will be walking loads (perfect workout).
2) Buy an Oyster card for getting about a weekly one is better and gives you unlimited travel on buses, trains and tubes.
3) Always carry an umbrella.
4) Never push in , as everyone here stands in a line.
5) There are newspapers and magazines at the Tube stations which are free pick them up for daily bargains and events.
Living in London can be very expensive , but there is so many Free attractions to visit that all you really need your travel card to get you there and a packed lunch. Here are a list of my favorite FREE London attractions to see:
1) Greenwich Park – this is such an amazing park and area to visit .It has little streets , with alleyways filled with old fashioned shops. Its also the home of the Greenwich meridian line which is worth the walk up the hill as the view is amazing. This park is visited all year round and is such a fab place to chill in makes you think you are not even in a city. The old fashioned sweet shop is a sweet lovers paradise filled with endless jars of sweet treats packed for you into candy stripped bags. My other favorite shops here include the fab bookshops and a Milkshake shop that makes 101 different milkshakes from every chocolate to biscuit to candy.Greenwich is also home to the very interesting Maritime Museum which houses some fab artifacts and is free and often pirates can be found roaming in this museum.
2) Science Museum – another free and fantastic place to visit . Interesting and interactive displays with 3D and 4D activities . Educational but definitely not boring.
3) The V&A museum is another place I lose track of time from the Roman , Greek and Japanese rooms the sizes of these artifacts are mind blowing and take one back in time. My other fav place here is the Architecture floor with models , floorplans and stories of most London famous buildings and buildings around the world.
4) China Town is another place that is filled with colour , interesting smells and bustle that makes you think you are in China. Even the street names here are written in Chinese so authentic .
5) Harrods is a defo must see for shopaholics and all those just wanting to see products which most of us average joes cant afford. This store is beautiful and one can easily get lost just looking at all the fab products, each floor is for a specific type of products. My favorite floor is the food court with the most amazing selection of fruit, vegetables , fish and meat from around the world . It’s a foodie heaven. Though the store is expensive one can buy a few lil treats of yummy morsels, candy , bags and aprons to take home as gifts from your travels.
I hope I have given you a little insight into the London I have started a passionate love affair. This is just a little peak …Look out for more posts on my blog about my amazing lover London.
Cheers Mate , Mind the GAP
Hello everybody. ………. My name is Verushka. …… And I love entering and winning competions.For those who follow me on Twitter know that I have been having a lucky streak.
Earlier on today, my cousin asked if I had visited http://www.winstuff.co.za. I hadnt and boy was I surprised at how many competitions were just on this one site. Come on now, we all love winning the thrill of winning immediately is such a huge boost to one.
So i decided to explore this website which was very simple to navigate. All the competitions were put into categories so I could choose what type of products I wanted to win. The site is made up of all the free online competitions in South Africa but with all on one page. Electronics and Fashion and Beauty immediately sparked my interest.
Wow mindblown at the large variety of Electronic products I could enter to win from phones to laptops to ipads. No guesses what I will be doing tonight:-)
My other favourite category had even more amazing prizes up for grabs yipee, excited bunny over here.
I love entering competitions and winning them is even a bigger thrill to me. I never knew that there was so much out there until I started entering competitions on social networks.
So do yourself a favour. …… Go to http://www.winstuff.co.za and check out their amazing competitions. …. Who knows you might even win and become addicted like me
oOnline shopping has become the latest addiction of us lovely ladies. Earlier this week at work a friend who is been introduced to the digital age made her first online purchase. She was totally over the moon with how easy it was to do this transaction. And the other interesting thing was she purchased and Ebook , i was so totally amazed at how my friend is taking to the digital age like a duck to water. So it seems our lil digital club at work is slowly growing with more having Blackberrys , Samsung Tablets and Netbooks. It makes me feel like a proud mum moment seeing how fast the girls at work are keeping up with technology.
In the mean time , i have been shopping in the Apps store on my Samsung Tablet, I have been amazed at the amount of free apps and like a kid in a candy shop i been downloading them. From gorgeous wallpapers of my beleoved London to recipe books , to learn Arabic , to a library of books for reading (yes MC will be giving it a try ). The options seem endless and makes one just want continually download. The best part of this is that all these apps are free 🙂 Bargain and free are words which make me very happy .
But then I have 2 problems a) I dont have a credit card to shop online b) I dont have an unlimited Data Plan. So after my online booking drama ( ticket has been booked sponsored by bro and yes and the price was still the same this morning) i have been considering getting a credit card for these purchases. As for problem B a work friend also suggested going to Mugg and Bean for their free WiFi and a lovely coffee then spend a few hours in download heaven.Just the thought of downloading unlimited excites me like a fat kid who loves cake
In the UK virtually all shopping can be done online from food to clothing to jewellery to home improvement to leisure. Hopefully this trend catches on here in SA but before it can we need affordable and reliable internet accessfor this to work effectively.
So come on internet providers think about making access more affordable and reliable so then us girls can do what we do best ……….Shop at home without having to brave the madness of the mall….Have a lovely day digi addicts