All those who know me know I am obsessed with technology in all forms and on all platforms. From Twitter to Facebook to BBM….
So on Friday I got to work only to find my Blackberry frozen , I been a techno gadgety girl decided to fix it but alas the phone would not come on at all. Such horror for me cut off from the world..Luckily for me I had my Samsung Tablet on me as I was stuck at work with everyone gone and no way of getting in touch with my brother .Then the genius in me decided to email him and my friend M who rescued me by calling my mum.
Even my 2 fully charged batteries didnt help me this time. So since Friday I have been with a phone and connection to my Techno world. Went into the Service provider yesterday only to find out that my phone needed a software upgrade but alas the guy who normally does it was away till Monday.But while there I found out valuable info on BB BIS and how it would affect me as well as that I am due for an upgrade next month yipeee.
I must admit I feel very out of the loop not constantly been in the loop but its a kind of Techno detox. Last night I was able to catch up watching several series and even got to watch a documentary which was fab.So maybe I needed this Detox….. However mum has given me an old Nokia phone with very limiting features just sms and calling actually feels strange and weird having this phone.
Hopefully tomorow I will have my phone and be in the loop again… To all my fellow bloggers and tweeting community I have missed you guys.. Hope you missed me too…..
I always find when getting to know a guy one gets a little stuck when asking questions . So I more than often use the line ” So tell me 5 random things about you ” This really works as it gets the conversation going. This is my list of 5 feel free to comment , ask more or add your own to this blog….
1) I have a tattoo.
2) I am in love with all things Vanilla from perfume to tea to creams to lipgloss.
3) I love Winnie the pooh.
4) I have a “mild” obsession with all things British ever since I lived there.
5) I am currently working on my Masters Degree in Food and Nutrition.
Hope this has given you a little peek into who the Spicegoddess is. Look out next week for my next list of 5… 5 ways to say goodbye Adios, Tchau, Slan,Allah Hafiz and Sees….
As a child number 5 was my most favourite number in the world. Whenever I was asked how many do I want it was always 5. As a much loved and spoilt toddler I was always indulged with 5 of whatever my heart wanted.I recall my aunt once saying that I might have 5 husbands and as a child I replied yes I will.
Lol 5 husbands this makes me cringe 😦 So I decided to explore the meaning of the number 5 and start a weekly list of 5 in my blog.
So in my research of 5 I found that its a very ancient number that was associated with various cultures, religions around the world. Some of these facts were really interesting :
* Muslims pray 5 times a day
* The pentagram has 5 sides to it
* The Olympic Games has 5 interlocked rings each symbolising the 5 continents of the world
* In Formula 1 the number 5 car traditionally belonged to the Williams team until the end of season in 1995
* No. 5 is the iconic fragrance by Coco Channel
* Almost all reptiles and mammals have 5 toes or fingers on their extremities
* In the Jewish religion The Torah contains 5 books
* According to Aristotle the universe is made up of 5 elements water, earth, ether , fire and air
* 5 is the number of completed numbered piano concertos by Beethoven
* Famous 5 is a famous children’s book series written by British author Enid Blyton
* MI5 is the informal term for British Security Service
* iPhone 5 is the latest generation of Apple iPhone
* 5 is the most common number of gears in a manual car
The interesting facts on my favourite 5 is endless, who knew a simple childhood fetish with 5 would have so much meaning.So in keeping with the theme of 5 I will say goodbye in 5 languages Ciao, Au revoir, Totsiens, Adeus,and Yasou…….